You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-14 07:18:14

securitybreach
Website

EeePC- SDHC Issues only with Arch

To begin with I have a Eeepc 701 4G and a A-DATA 16GB SDHC Turbo Eee PC Edition card. Whenever I try to install Arch via a usb drive, I get a error on boot that says something along the lines of I/O error with my SDHC card which is listed as /dev/sdc1. Normally I would think this is a defective card or its going bad but Arch is the only distro that gives me this error.  The error is just in the text that scrolls by but it also hangs when trying to partition the SDHC drive To test it out I have installed Mandriva 2008.1 Spring, Ubuntu 7.10/8.04/8.10, Ubuntu-eee, fluxflux-eee, and Forsight Mobile (I have been going crazy trying to find a distro I can live with/ even close to what Arch provides). Each one of them I set the / partition on the internal SSD and the /home partition on the SDHC card. Arch is the only one that gives a error with the SDHC card. I have ran extensive tests in Linux and also windows(sisoft sandra) but everything is fine with the card. The card is supported as it is a "Eee PC Edition Model" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6820211300  I have noticed tha some distros have problem with installing via a usb drive and using /home on a SDHC drive(only Fluxflux-eee) but it is normally a /etc/fstab issue not the I/0.

Any ideals?

THanks

BTW: The card is only 2 weeks old.

Last edited by securitybreach (2008-11-14 07:26:14)

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs
Forum Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux   
securitybreach<a>archlinux.us

Board footer