You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-15 22:17:19

aviad

sync between fstab, gnome and kde

Hi!

like any newb-ish user, I have this small obsession with jumping from one DE or window manager to another.
this opens up a bunch of problems for me, but what bothers me the most is the inability to use dolphin or Nautilus to mount my hard drives.

If I list my hard drives at fstab - kde or gnome can't mount, since they are in use.
If I don't list them in fstab, then (a.) I have to mount them manually for fluxbox, windowmaker, etc...  and (b.) if I started gnome for instence, logged off, and then started kde - it would try to mount again the already mounted partiton.

Obviouly I don't lose access to my partiotns at any time, so this is a bit nitt-picking, but I hope some where there is a "clean" soultion for this.

(Iv'e tried to to play a bit with fstab and gnome-mount, and point them to the same mount point, didn't seem to help. In kde I haven't even founded where to begin...)

Someday, I'll be a real boy!

#2 2008-11-16 00:59:30

Leigh

Re: sync between fstab, gnome and kde

I have four partitions I don't want to be auto mounted. I list them in fstab with the noauto option...

/dev/sdb1   /mnt/sdb1    ext2    rw,user,noauto       0      0
/dev/sdb3   /mnt/sdb3    ext3    rw,user,noauto       0      0
/dev/sdc1   /mnt/sdc1     ext2    rw,user,noauto       0      0
/dev/sdc3   /mnt/sdc3     ext3    rw,user,noauto       0      0

Then in kde and fluxbox I created some menu items to mount and umount them.
If I had mounted them, I always umount before logging off or switching sessions.

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

Board footer