You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-17 18:16:33

Zibi1981

Can't get rid of some "ghost" icon in KMenu

I have a very strange and annoying issue with my KMenu (KDEmod 3.5.10, but it was also present some months ago while I was using another distro with plain KDE). One day, don't know why and don't know how, an icon of KPDF appeared on my menu. It turned out that it is some kind of "ghost" icon, as:
1. nothing happens after i press it
2. in kmenuedit it is only represented with a name, but without any icon (sic!), nor command or description

bd3bb7b03125ce8cm.png

3. it can't be removed; after each try it's still present in my menu.

I run into several problems similar to mine, but the only solution was to make sure all files in my ~/ directory belong to me. I made sure that they are, but that didn't help. What can I do to remove this icon from my KMenu??? roll

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#2 2008-11-18 22:12:47

Zibi1981

Re: Can't get rid of some "ghost" icon in KMenu

I was able to move this icon to my desktop "manually" and there remove it permanently with SHIFT+DEL. After that it disappeared, but it's still a mystery and I don't know if it won't be there after reboot...

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

Board footer