You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-20 00:58:08

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Cleaning symlinked libraries

I am thinking of a good clening up of my libraries, especially after all the recent upgrades.
Being my sistem already installed for a while, I am reminded of my past errors, namely, I used to symlink the libraries when the newer packages complained about a missing version, instead of rebuilding the packages.

So now I would like to make sure everything is good and clean, and I'm wondering if there is any way to track down which libraries I had symlinked manually (of course, I cannot remember them by heart).

Wishing for a feasible solution, thank you for your time smile

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#2 2008-11-20 03:47:52

Profjim

Re: Cleaning symlinked libraries

This wouldn't filter out symlinks created in .install files, but it would filter out most of the ones created by your packages...

find /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib -type l -exec pacman -Qo '{}' \; | fgrep -v 'is owned by'

#3 2008-11-20 04:07:35

Allan
Pacman
Website

That should work and there should not be (m)any symlinks created in .install files.  Just look at the output and make sure it looks like an evil symlink before deleting it.

#4 2008-11-20 11:35:50

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Thanks for your replies, however I was referring to those I had created manually, rather than those created by my packages.

Have you Syued today?

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#5 2008-11-20 19:08:02

Ranguvar

That's what it will do smile fgrep -v will list lines NOT containing the text. They're just saying symlinks created by *.install files won't be filtered out of the resulting list.

One could probably add to that command to make it search through a recently-synced ABS's .install files and filter out symlinks it found in your dirs that are in those files, to further narrow it down, but I am not very experienced in bash (yet).

#6 2008-11-20 19:09:55

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Ah! my bad, I guess I should read more carefully... it was wouldn't, NOT would hmm

Have you Syued today?

Board footer