You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-21 08:00:09

Statix

Being driven crazy

I'm going crazy trying to get exim to do what I want it to. Basically, every mail that I send (locally to myself) is being frozen. I CAN send with php sendmail. I can hardly find any info at all on this, so I'm not even sure if exim is the right program to achieve what I want.

Basically I have a server on a domain that needs to have a couple email accounts.
support@domain.com
name@domain.com
etc.

But they're not really email accounts. I just want the server to receieve the mail and then forward it to the admin's personal email.

Is exim really the right way to do this? If so, I can post more of my configuration.

Last edited by Statix (2008-11-21 08:05:49)

Madly in love with Arch64, Openbox, DotA, and of course... penguins!
Happy to help if you're not a Help Vampire. Use your wonderful resources like ArchWiki, Google, and our wonderful search page.

#2 2008-11-21 08:31:53

shazeal

Re: Being driven crazy

Im a bit confused as to what your actually wanting. Your server has an MX record? Or are you pulling in email from somewhere else? Or you just want to send mail on the local network?

#3 2008-11-21 08:50:29

Statix

Yeah. Sorry for not being to clear. My domain (at goddady.com) allows me to change the MX record.

I apologize in advance because I'm overall quite new to the whole email server thing.

Last edited by Statix (2008-11-21 08:50:52)

Madly in love with Arch64, Openbox, DotA, and of course... penguins!
Happy to help if you're not a Help Vampire. Use your wonderful resources like ArchWiki, Google, and our wonderful search page.

#4 2008-11-21 10:43:00

shazeal

Well I have only used postfix, but it sounds like exim is not differentiating between a virtual and local user, there should be some way of defining that email sent to name@domain.org from the local network should be delivered to <user x>. It is probably trying to send the email from name@domain.org to {name@domain.org}@localhost if you get what I mean? Rather than name@localhost.

In postfix you do it by defining a local domain, and then mapping the virtual addresses to local ones.

Exim is the right thing to be using, mail servers are a bitch to get working beyond the basic pass through stuff lol

Board footer