You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-30 07:18:53

hk2717

[partly solved]Trying to migrate my openbox setup to pekwm but failed.

Hi all, today I am trying to migrate my openbox setup to pekwm as it has some nice looking themes, but I cannot find a way to do the following things, even after reading the manual carefully. I think maybe I missed something so I post here to seek help from you all the power users.

1. Move a window to a corner of the screen, I.E. topcenter, topleft, center. I can use 'MoveResizeTo" in openbox.
2. Resize a window with just one keybind. I can use 'ResizeRelative' and 'GrowToEdgeX' in openbox.
3. Toggle 'show desktop'.

Also, has anyone of you experienced extremely slow performance while moving/resizing windows? I have this issue in both 0.1.8 and GIT version, but did not have such issue when I was trying it several months ago. I got a new ATI graphics card recently so I am wondering if it is due to my X setup.

PS: The pekwm package in the repo seems unmaintained.part

Last edited by hk2717 (2008-12-01 12:02:16)

#2 2008-11-30 14:12:36

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: [partly solved]Trying to migrate my openbox setup to pekwm but failed.

#1)
Just assign this action to a desired key or mouse binding:
Actions = "MoveToEdge TopLeft"
Actions = "MoveToEdge TopCenterEdge"
etc

#2) I'm not sure what behaviour you want, but the Resize actions don't have to be chained like they are in the default config:

Actions = "ResizeVertical -1" when bound to a key will resize the window to be one pixel smaller vertically. You can also change to +10 -50 or whatever.

Another useful action is Actions = "MaxFill True True" This basically maximizes in both directions until you hit another window (so you can get a tiling effect without being constrained by tiling). If you only set one of the parameters to True it will only fill in the horizontal or vertical direction.

3) I've never needed this action, so I don't know if or how its available. I would look for something like an "IconifyAll" command. You might want to ask on the pek mailing list.

Kevin maintains the package. I haven't seen much activity from him lately though, he's probably busy.

Dusty

#3 2008-12-01 11:59:55

hk2717

Re: [partly solved]Trying to migrate my openbox setup to pekwm but failed.

Thanks. "MoveToEdge" works, but "ResizeVertical" and such do not work outside "MoveResize". What a pity.

Board footer