You are not logged in.

#26 2008-12-26 03:52:48

mutlu_inek

Re: X update broke system

Publius, I don't think anyone would like to visit other threads and read up on what you believe to be the same problem. Why did you post into this thread, if your problem has nothing to do with it?

Dninja, a few have had problems they could not (yet) solve, but that usually involves very exceptional setups or wishes (tapping, etc.). Also, some experience slow compositing (some ati and intel cards), but I don't think there is any system that really does not work. You will eventually have to solve whatever problems you ran into, so I believe it might be better to do so now.

#27 2009-02-03 09:58:07

dninja
Website

Re: X update broke system

I just accidentally upgrade to 1.5.x of xorg-server, I only noticed after 10 mins of using the machine when it locked up, same as before. The standard fix of adding this:

Section "ServerFlags"
  Option         "AutoAddDevices" "false"
EndSection

to xorg.conf doesn't work. Is anyone else sufforing from the same problem?

I'm running fluxbox on a desktop pc, 2 nvidia graphics cards with the latest drivers from the nvidia site. Normal keyboard and mouse perminantly attached, not plugging anything in or doing anything special when it locks. The machine runs fine with 1.4 but 1.5 just kills it every time. Can anyone suggest anywhere to start debugging this?

I don't want to be stuck on xorg-server 1.4.2-2 for the rest of time.

Board footer