You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-03 17:35:09

Nate

VMWare Fusion since Xorg update

Has anyone been able to get screen-resizing and seamless mouse integration working with VMWare Fusion since the Xorg update last week?

I'm running VMWare Fusion 2.0 on a Macbook Pro, with Arch + wmii working in a Virtual Machine.  I followed these instructions, which worked great until the Xorg update:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ins … _in_VMWare

Prior to the Xorg update,  I could resize the Virtual Machine's screen,  and X would resize correctly.  I could use Full-Screen, and the Virtual Machine would take up my full screen as expected.  I also could just move the mouse outside of the VM and my host OS would then take over the mouse.

After the Xorg update, I had the problem with the "RGB" entry in xorg.conf.  So I commented that out.  X will now start, but the screen will not resize correctly (It stays in the same square dimensions), and I have to use the Ctrl+Cmd key to break the mouse free of the Virtual Machine.

If anyone has been able to get screen-resizing and seamless mouse integration working, I would love to hear how you did it.  I'm afraid that the open-vm-tools package needs to be updated with new Xorg stuff, so it might be a matter of waiting.

I also tried re-compiling the vmware modules, but they didn't appear to help.  I'm at a point where I would just like to start over, and hear from any VMWare Fusion user that has their setup working with the new Xorg.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
--Nate

#2 2008-12-15 18:33:29

Nate

Re: VMWare Fusion since Xorg update

Just wanting to bump this question to see if there's any news.

Thanks,
--Nate

#3 2009-07-03 20:31:19

maple

Any word on this? I'm not getting mouse or keyboard functionality either.

Can one of you throw up your xorg.conf?

#4 2009-09-05 07:38:08

zyrax

Bump. I am looking for an answer to this question as well...

Board footer