You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-05 15:34:41

burra

archlinux + wine + spotify sound quality problems

Hi,
have installed Spotify on my Archlinux box using Wine. But I am not able to get the same sound quality as in Windows XP. Have tried all kinds of settings in winecfg. Anybody have the same problem or know how to fix this?

Br,
Burra.

#2 2008-12-05 15:44:22

arch0r

Re: archlinux + wine + spotify sound quality problems

http://www.spotify.com/en/help/faq/wine/
did you enter the audio settings?

#3 2008-12-05 16:12:56

burra

Hi,
yes I tried the settings they suggested. But with emulated the music plays good for some seconds and then it starts jumping for some seconds. It does this all the time.

When I try to run Full it works fine no jumping but instead it has some kind of distorted sound, as being in a metal jar.

I have the possibility to chose ALSA and OSS in winecfg. The sound quality seems to be a bit better if I use OSS. But not as good as in windows.

Any more ideas?

Burra

#4 2008-12-05 21:24:10

LTSmash
Website

burra wrote:

Hi,
yes I tried the settings they suggested. But with emulated the music plays good for some seconds and then it starts jumping for some seconds. It does this all the time.

When I try to run Full it works fine no jumping but instead it has some kind of distorted sound, as being in a metal jar.

I have the possibility to chose ALSA and OSS in winecfg. The sound quality seems to be a bit better if I use OSS. But not as good as in windows.

Any more ideas?

Burra

Try to change your default sound API to OSSv4, it has better sound... way better, because you're not actually using OSS, but instead ALSA's OSS emulation...

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

#5 2008-12-09 15:34:13

burra

Thanks,
will give OSSv4 a try.

Br,

Board footer