You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-05 23:31:26

Sjoden
Website

Kernal Panic browsing websites

I was in firefox, checking out artists from pixelgirlpresents and while a page or two was loading, I got a kernel panic. I assume thats what it was because 2 of my keyboard lights were blinking. I did a hard shutdown, rebooted. I had firefox restore from previous session, and everything loaded fine. Where can I look to possibly see what happened?

Thanks,
Zack

#2 2008-12-06 00:03:59

shazeal

Re: Kernal Panic browsing websites

I would look in /var/log/errors.log and everything.log. Sounds a bit like flash killing your display driver or something like that, are you on ATI? because I have seen quite a few complaints about the newer drivers.

If it was a hardlock you probably wont find much in the log files however, unless there was some lead up to the crash.

#3 2008-12-06 00:14:53

Sjoden
Website

I think it was a hard lock. There may have been some flash, but I didn't think so, just javascript i think. I didn't see anything in errors.log, or kernel.log. I use xf86-video-intel, I have since I started using arch, so I don't think that was it. I synced a couple of days ago.

#4 2008-12-06 00:24:10

shazeal

No wireless stuff? External blobs are the usual cause for kernels killing themselves, otherwise it could have just been a random thing. I hesitate to say it because I have no idea of your computers age/living conditions but it also could have been overheating or some random hardware fault.
I cant comment on the intel video drivers, maybe someone else using them may have a better idea if they could have caused the issue.

I would probably just keep an eye on your temps, and otherwise ignore it unless it happens again.

Board footer