You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-06 13:35:29

impegoraro

Can't Use portuguese layout on kde4 and some other things

Hey people, I'm having some problems with kde4, i've been using xfce and gnome and now i'm using kde but i have problems with the keyboard layout and with the synaptics mouse (by the way, the computer is a laptop hp pavillion 6000 [dv6128ea]). The layout problem only occurs on kde on the other DE i did not had that problem.

When i change to the portuguese layout (I'm living in portugal by the way) the following keys stop working: home , end , page up/down , delete and the 4 arrows. I'm guessing that is beacause of the keyboard model but I've been trying the generics and it didn't work. (the keyboard original model isL IBM enhanced 101 or 102 key.

The problem with the mouse is that since i have upgraded to Xorg server 7.4 the horizontal scroll stop working, and the only warning that the X server gives on the logs is the following.

(WW) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad can't grab event device, errno=16

and helps is welcome.

#2 2008-12-07 20:53:44

impegoraro

Re: Can't Use portuguese layout on kde4 and some other things

I've already solved with the problem with the keyboard layout, I just had to reconfigured all the keys that hadn't been configured.
I haven't solved the problem with the mouse yet, so if anyone can help any help is welcome

Board footer