You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-07 03:56:10

leo2501

[SOLVED] fs2_open-svn. Descent Freespace 2 - Getting it to work

Well... i just installed this AUR package of this great great game http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21258 and i have the 3 CD's files ripped... now i see that there are a lot of "MediaVPs" enhancements to install... and i don't see any /usr/share folder, so i don't know where i need to put all these files

Last edited by leo2501 (2008-12-13 20:58:15)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#2 2008-12-07 18:37:26

leo2501

Re: [SOLVED] fs2_open-svn. Descent Freespace 2 - Getting it to work

well i copy all the files of the 3 cd's into one folder and then this happend...

[aleyscha@aleyscha 4 ~ 15:48]$ fs2_open_r -mod /sdc1/bin/games/freespace2/freespace2
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
(null): "Audio could not be initialized.  If you are running any applications playing sound in the background, you should stop them before continuing."
ERROR: " Web cursor bitmap not found.  This is most likely due to one of three reasons:         1) You're running FreeSpace Open from somewhere other than your FreeSpace 2 folder;        2) You've somehow corrupted your FreeSpace 2 installation, e.g. by modifying or removing the retail VP files;      3) You haven't installed FreeSpace 2 at all.  (Note that installing FreeSpace Open does NOT remove the need for a FreeSpace 2 installation.) Number 1 can be fixed by simply moving the FreeSpace Open executable file to the FreeSpace 2 folder.  Numbers 2 and 3 can be fixed by installing or reinstalling FreeSpace 2." at graphics/2d.cpp:1457

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

#3 2008-12-07 22:52:15

leo2501

WELL... after a lot of search i found this handy install guide...

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.ph … inux_Guide

that gently explains the process of getting the retail files out of the cd's and copy them where they need to be (/home/<USER>/fs2/data) but the issue persists... sad

[aleyscha@aleyscha 4 ~ 20:34]$ start_freespace 
Unrecognized command line parameter "-jpgtga".  Ignoring...
(null): "Audio could not be initialized.  If you are running any applications playing sound in the background, you should stop them before continuing."
ERROR: " Web cursor bitmap not found.  This is most likely due to one of three reasons:     1) You're running FreeSpace Open from somewhere other than your FreeSpace 2 folder;     2) You've somehow corrupted your FreeSpace 2 installation, e.g. by modifying or removing the retail VP files;     3) You haven't installed FreeSpace 2 at all.  (Note that installing FreeSpace Open does NOT remove the need for a FreeSpace 2 installation.) Number 1 can be fixed by simply moving the FreeSpace Open executable file to the FreeSpace 2 folder.  Numbers 2 and 3 can be fixed by installing or reinstalling FreeSpace 2." at graphics/2d.cpp:1457
[aleyscha@aleyscha 5 ~ 20:48]$

Last edited by leo2501 (2008-12-07 22:52:46)

#4 2008-12-13 20:58:00

leo2501

well... i reinstalled the game, and now it works neutral so don't know what happened before tongue thankyou all guys!

Board footer