You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-08 16:20:06

whaler

Anyone able to play these files?

I thought I could play most any streaming media file by now, and I probably can, but there are exceptions:

http://www.aftenposten.no/webtv/?id=12324

Are there any multimedia experts here who can play this in Arch? If so, I would be very interested in finding out what I am am missing in my setup...

#2 2008-12-26 15:11:38

dav7

Re: Anyone able to play these files?

MEEP. That site is... agh. hmm

Anyway, once all the navigation buttons (form submit buttons yikes) were done loading I jumped into the HTML that was... one gigantic line of text. eep.

That done, I located the video control (amazingly)... and found that the video is in an iframe. Agh.

Once in the iframe, I found that the video is actually a WMV; I know of no way to play such a video inside a webpage.

Your best bet is to position the mouse over the 'Click here to download plugin' white area, point to 'This Frame', select View Frame Source, find the mms:// link inside the page source, and pass this URL to mplayer.

You could get fancy with scripting, but that would be the easiest solution.

-dav7

Last edited by dav7 (2008-12-26 15:11:49)

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#3 2008-12-26 15:14:19

Allan
Pacman
Website

You could use the gecko-mediaplayer plugin (or the other mplayer-plugin) to play it, provided you have the codecs package installed.

#4 2008-12-27 00:30:32

freek
Website

Opera .. gxine-plugin > no problems .. (running Debian)

there's no business like .. your own business

Board footer