You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-08 21:41:19

michaelramm
Website

Conky Conditional Statement [MOVED TO DESKTOP ENVIRONMENTS!]

Is there a way to make a conky config that will check to see it your wlan card is on/off. When it is on, it should show some set of information that you choose. When it is off, none of that information should be shown.

I like to see:
Link Quality
SSID
Up
Down
Upload
Download
IP Address

I know that conky has if-elseif-endif statements, but I assume that those go through the config once, and then don't go through it again.

I guess that it could be done with an external script as well, but I am no programmer, so I am not sure about that.

Thoughts?

Michael

Last edited by michaelramm (2008-12-08 21:43:07)

OpenArch = Dell Dimension 4300 with Arch Linux and Openbox3

#2 2008-12-08 21:58:16

brisbin33
Website

Re: Conky Conditional Statement [MOVED TO DESKTOP ENVIRONMENTS!]

conky's if/else-if statements are run/checked each update so if your interval is 1 then that's each second.

i've seen many conky's around that display one set of info if eth0 is up (ethernet plugged in) and another if wlan0 is up (wifi).  not useful for my desktop so i never saved any of the links.  check through the "post your conky configs" thread here or go to google.

something like

${if_up wlan0} $--wifi info-- $endif${if_up eth0} $--ethernet info-- $endif

would probably work.

EDIT -- sorry, ignore this; i posted on the one in desktop environments now.

Last edited by brisbin33 (2008-12-08 22:07:25)

#3 2008-12-08 23:32:53

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: Conky Conditional Statement [MOVED TO DESKTOP ENVIRONMENTS!]

Below is the relevant section of my conkyrc...it uses if/then to display ethernet or wifi connection-related info, depending on which is active.  It might not be the most efficient, but it works:

${if_empty ${exec ifconfig wlan0 | grep 'inet addr:'}}LAN ${upspeed eth0}K ${downspeed eth0}K${else}${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}% ${wireless_essid wlan0} ${upspeed wlan0}K ${downspeed wlan0}K${endif}

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Board footer