You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-12 11:21:08

zebulon

Wiki temporary pages for development ?

Hi,

As I posted in the other thread, I am going to refactor the wireless management section in the wireless config page. However, as you can guess, this is a long work that will require several days. Is there a way to write the new stuff in a kind of temporary page, and then copy the finished work to the original, official wireless configuration page ? How should I do ? Should I create a Wiki management dev page ? Is it possible to remove it after work is finished ?

Thanks.

#2 2008-12-26 15:24:25

dav7

Re: Wiki temporary pages for development ?

I'm not too sure if you can hide pages in Wikipedia, but you could always create a new page with some other name, put a banner at the top notifying anyone who finds it that you're working on it, and take it from there.

Alternatively, if you have somewhere you can run PHP code and run some kind of SQL daemon/server, you could set MediaWiki up on that yourself, and have the added benefit of having a fast, private install you can play with whenever you want.

You might also like yourwiki.net.

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#3 2008-12-26 15:34:55

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Wiki temporary pages for development ?

Just create one under your user hierarchy.

e.g. http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Use … >/wireless

Board footer