You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-13 14:21:47

thelastknowngod

Screen lock after resume

I would like to enable a screen lock after resuming from suspend. i am using the latest xorg thats in the repos, openbox, and slim.

anyone have any ideas?

#2 2008-12-13 14:24:42

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Screen lock after resume

What are you using to suspend?

#3 2008-12-13 14:33:29

thelastknowngod

i think when i want to make a change i edit /etc/acpi/actions/s2ram.sh. i believe that is that pm-utils package. honestly its been so long since ive had to even think about it im not sure.

#4 2008-12-13 14:45:05

bender02

thelastknowngod wrote:

i think when i want to make a change i edit /etc/acpi/actions/s2ram.sh. i believe that is that pm-utils package. honestly its been so long since ive had to even think about it im not sure.

Since the answer kind of depends on how do you suspend, it would be helpful if you could really check, please.

#5 2008-12-13 15:15:10

thelastknowngod

its definitely managed with the s2ram.sh file.

here is my script:

#!/bin/sh

# Suspend to ram when the lid is closed

chvt 10

rmmod ehci_hcd

# First, let's make sure we're not shutting down or rebooting
if [ ! -e /etc/powerdown ]; then
  sync ; sync # Just in case...
  echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
fi

# change back to X
chvt 7

modprobe -i ehci_hcd

#6 2008-12-13 15:44:13

jcolinzheng
Website

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3844
Add xtrlock & to the end of the suspend script.
P.S. On very rare occasions xtrlock fails to grab input focus, e.g. when the Opera address bar has input focus, most window manager hotkeys don't seem to work.

#7 2008-12-13 16:05:41

thelastknowngod

jcolinzheng wrote:

P.S. On very rare occasions xtrlock fails to grab input focus, e.g. when the Opera address bar has input focus, most window manager hotkeys don't seem to work.

that application worked like i assume its supposed to. if that displayed a blank screen instead of showing the desktop then i would be a lot happier with it.

#8 2008-12-13 16:09:34

jcolinzheng
Website

thelastknowngod wrote:
jcolinzheng wrote:

that application worked like i assume its supposed to. if that displayed a blank screen instead of showing the desktop then i would be a lot happier with it.

Haha, yeah, we just gotta find some app that takes full screen and run it before xtrlock.

#9 2008-12-13 16:14:06

thelastknowngod

jcolinzheng wrote:
thelastknowngod wrote:
jcolinzheng wrote:

Haha, yeah, we just gotta find some app that takes full screen and run it before xtrlock.

there is xlockmore in community. that seems to do the job. it displays a screensaver when resuming though. if there was a way to configure it to just be blank that would be cool.

Edit: or just a picture of a login promt so the person wouldnt just shut down the machine thinking something is wrong with it.

Last edited by thelastknowngod (2008-12-13 16:51:34)

#10 2008-12-13 17:23:43

SamC
Website

You could try slock, it just shows a black screen.

#11 2008-12-14 01:51:40

jcolinzheng
Website

thelastknowngod wrote:
jcolinzheng wrote:
thelastknowngod wrote:

there is xlockmore in community. that seems to do the job. it displays a screensaver when resuming though. if there was a way to configure it to just be blank that would be cool.

Edit: or just a picture of a login promt so the person wouldnt just shut down the machine thinking something is wrong with it.

How about ``chvt 1'' after xtrlock?  I personally use xtrlock as it is minimal.

Board footer