You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-13 22:35:55

skottish
Forum Fellow

How do I get ossrecord from OSSv4 to work? [DONE]

I keep switching back and forth between OSSv4 and ALSA. I really want to use only OSSv4, but I'm having some troubles getting things to work. One of my problems is getting ossrecord to capture any sound. If anyone can tell me what they did to get it working, I'd really appreciate it.

#2 2008-12-15 21:27:19

Nezmer
Website

Re: How do I get ossrecord from OSSv4 to work? [DONE]

It has a nice man page , you know .
I tested it and it just works . Make sure your mic is selected as a recording device in ossxmix .

English is not my native language .

#3 2008-12-15 22:01:26

skottish
Forum Fellow

Nezmer wrote:

I tested it and it just works . Make sure your mic is selected as a recording device in ossxmix .

I've been through the man pages a number of times, I've been extensively through their forums, and Googled like crazy. Every "solution" to this and every problem that I find doesn't work and/or breaks the entire sound system.

I do have a question: You said make sure the mic is selected as a recording device, and just to be clear, I'm trying to capture the entire output of OSS, not just from a microphone. Anyway, there's nothing anywhere that says anything about 'mic' except in the mute section. I have eight channels named after colors that have front, rear, center/LFE, side, pcm4, and input, as possibilities. I've tried all sorts of combinations of stuff. I either end up with a track full of clicking, or a "silent" track that fully overdrives the OSS input.

--EDIT--

I'm dropping OSSv4 until at least 4.2. There are far too many problems for me with this software.

#4 2008-12-16 01:07:53

LTSmash
Website

skottish wrote:
Nezmer wrote:

I've been through the man pages a number of times, I've been extensively through their forums, and Googled like crazy. Every "solution" to this and every problem that I find doesn't work and/or breaks the entire sound system.

I do have a question: You said make sure the mic is selected as a recording device, and just to be clear, I'm trying to capture the entire output of OSS, not just from a microphone. Anyway, there's nothing anywhere that says anything about 'mic' except in the mute section. I have eight channels named after colors that have front, rear, center/LFE, side, pcm4, and input, as possibilities. I've tried all sorts of combinations of stuff. I either end up with a track full of clicking, or a "silent" track that fully overdrives the OSS input.

--EDIT--

I'm dropping OSSv4 until at least 4.2. There are far too many problems for me with this software.

Guess there won't be any OSS 4.2... since it's dev dropped support for it, he's just wrking when he can on iy

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

Board footer