You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-18 03:29:46

ag2lu

How to install konqueror in particular ...

I use XFCE. How to install konqueror in particular without installation of other programs from kde? Otherwise. When I search "pacman -Ss konqueror", I do not find it and establish only thereby "pacman -Ss kde"?
I have not found the answer to this question at a forum. smile
~ ~  ~   ~    ~     ~      ~       ~        ~         ~          ~            ~

I'm beginner in Linux and English.
The big request. If my questions is not correct on this forum, please correct me.
In advance thanks!

#2 2008-12-18 03:33:12

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: How to install konqueror in particular ...

ag2lu wrote:

I use XFCE. How to install konqueror in particular without installation of other programs from kde? Otherwise. When I search "pacman -Ss konqueror", I do not find it and establish only thereby "pacman -Ss kde"?
I have not found the answer to this question at a forum. smile
~ ~  ~   ~    ~     ~      ~       ~        ~         ~          ~            ~

Konqueror is an integrated part of either KDE base or libs, I don't recall. One option to minimize dependencies is to use packages from KDEmod:

http://kdemod.ath.cx/

#3 2008-12-18 04:27:54

Sjoden
Website

Re: How to install konqueror in particular ...

I believe Konqueror is in kdebase-workspace, but after dependency checks, you'll also end up with kdebase-runtime, and kdelibs, and maybe kdebase, among others. I think kdebase is pretty small now since KDE4 split things up into workspace and runtime.

I always seem to use two file managers. At the moment its Nautilus and Konqueror. Each has their little things that it does better(for me), than the other.

Board footer