You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-22 08:54:56

DONDON

[SOLVED] SABnzbd rc.d Script

I'm having trouble getting  the sabnzbd daemon script to run. I'm trying to run the default one that came with the AUR but it keeps failing while running it from /opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py works. Yes, I have copied over the ini file to /opt/sabnzbd/. Below is the /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd shell script. I'm a real newbie so I don't really know how to troubleshoot what's going on at all sad. It just says [FAIL] dies.

#!/bin/bash

. /etc/rc.conf
. /etc/rc.d/functions

SABNZBD_USER="sabnzbd"
SABNZBD_CONF="/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini"

PID=`pidof -o %PPID -x SABnzbd.py`
case "$1" in
  start)
    stat_busy "Starting SABnzbd"
    [ -z "$PID" ] && su - $SABNZBD_USER -c "/opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f $SABNZBD_CONF -d" -s /bin/sh
    if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
      stat_fail
    else
      add_daemon sabnzbd
      stat_done
    fi
    ;;
  stop)
    stat_busy "Stopping SABnzbd"
    [ "$PID" ] && kill $PID &> /dev/null
    if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
      stat_fail
    else
      rm_daemon sabnzbd
      stat_done
    fi
    ;;
  restart)
    $0 stop
    sleep 1
    $0 start
    ;;
  *)
    echo "usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
esac
exit 0

Last edited by DONDON (2008-12-23 02:30:02)

#2 2008-12-22 09:06:51

Vintendo
Website

Re: [SOLVED] SABnzbd rc.d Script

i have copied all the configuration to ~/.sabnzbd and so i changed the SABNZBD_USER to my username en SABNZBD_CONF to "/home/vincent/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini"

#3 2008-12-22 09:16:37

DONDON

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, changing the script to SABNZBD_USER="dondon" and SABNZBD_CONF="/home/dondon/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini" didn't help.

#4 2008-12-23 00:44:41

DONDON

After a long time playing with it I set my directories in /opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini to not include ~/ but just /home/dondon/.sabnzbd/logs and I've made progress, but now I'm getting this error:

Error:
I refuse to fork without a log directory!
                                                                         [DONE]

This directory exists and can be written to by any user... so I'm still confused sad.

Last edited by DONDON (2008-12-23 00:48:38)

#5 2008-12-23 02:29:46

DONDON

So, I figured it out. I removed every file that was associated with SABnzbd and started over. Below are a list of things that I learned on my way that I hope will help other true newbies get their daemons working:

1. Write your access rules so that the user your daemon runs under is in the same group as your user account if you've manually made your download/incomplete/cache/log folders.
2. Make sure to not use ~/ to designate your home directory with the SABnzbd config file. Instead use /home/usernamehere/
3. When you move sabnzbd.ini over to /opt/sabnzbd/ chown it back to the user designated in the /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd script
4. When you chown the a file make sure you're changing the group AND owner.
5. ls -al is your friend.
6. If your config file gets too messy, just remove it and start over.

These are all really newbie mistakes that I made. I hope they help someone else avoid them smile.

Board footer