You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-22 17:15:46

arch_nemesis

So, about editing the wiki...

I've come up with a couple of things I might like to add to the wiki.

One is a minor, minor edit to clarify a line in the Touchpad configuration area -- noting that a particular xorg entry may not be present.  (I was afraid to proceed since I inferred that the line *should* be there, and as it turns it it was not required.)

Another is something I stumbled across while setting up frequency scaling -- a post on the forum in a slightly related thread questioned whether unused cpufreq modules should be loaded, and in fact my verbatim following of the wiki instructions had me loading a cpufreq module I didn't need, causing a frequency scaling issue which was resolved by removing that module from rc.conf.

In my Touchpad thread, someone suggested that I edit the wiki.  However, I'm reluctant to do so.  As much as I'd feel good about having contributed in some small way, I know that my level of expertise is low enough that I can't be sure that even these small changes are going to be good advice for everyone.

My concern is that I'll either be passing on bad information which will hinder someone else's efforts, or that I'll incur the wrath of more knowledgeable users who might be (rightfully) upset that I'd edit the wiki without being 100% sure of my changes.

What's the general view on this, and are there any sort of editorial controls in place such that even my minor changes will be sanity checked by someone else when I make them?

Thanks,
Joe

#2 2008-12-22 17:41:41

daf666
Website

Re: So, about editing the wiki...

If you had done a proper study on the matter, your tips and comments might save other people some time...so if you have something to add and contribute, go ahead and do it - its much better having more information in the db than less.

#3 2008-12-22 19:19:06

pyther
Website

Maybe post the edits you want to make here, and someone could the given you some feedback.

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#4 2008-12-22 20:35:11

tomk
Forum Fellow

Use the discussion tab on the relevant wiki pages to post your proposed edits and request feedback.

Board footer