You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-24 00:08:44

jesso

maximize firefox

With the latest firefox, the window does not maximize on a restart.

I close firefox when maximized, but when I restart firefox is does not maximize.  It's not saving that state I guess.

Anyone else have this problem?

My display is 1440x900.

#2 2008-12-24 04:39:06

CursedMonkey

Re: maximize firefox

What window manager are you using: metacity? compiz? emerald?

Some general suggestions:

Try to unmaximize it and restart it. Then start it up again and maximize it and restart it. It may not work, but worth a try.

If that doesn't work, try running firefox without your settings folder. It should be located at /UserHomeDirectory/.mozilla so just moev it to /UserHomeDirectory/.mozillamoved or something similar and start firefox and maximize and see if it remembers the setting when you restart.

If it remembered the settings after moving your folder, then there is a problem in the old folder and the new .mozilla folder that was created should work.

Otherwise you can move the folder back and delete the new folder that was created. As a last ditch effort, I would use compiz to automatically maximize the firefox window. You may also want to look at Devil's Pie at http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie to set a rule to automatically maximize firefox, it can be found as "devilspie" using pacman.

Board footer