You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-29 09:59:41

devilevil

Image in hibernate

Hello everybody,
I use hibernate with pm-utils. I use it with my swap. Everything is OK, but I want to add image with fbv (framebuffer) when I am hibernating (pm-hibernate) or going back to the session, when I wake up from hibernate. Something like bootsplash image. Is it possible? I searched something like this, but I didn`t find anything. It is eye-cady wink

What I have to add to configs and where to view image?
Sorry for my english smile
Thanks.

#2 2008-12-29 16:52:37

patroclo7

Re: Image in hibernate

I think to remember that the suspend2/tuxonice project managed to support a bootsplash implementation (look in www.tuxonice.net). They planned to support both fbsplash and splashy, but I do not know if they managed to accomplish this. Actually tuxonice is not very actively maintained, but in the AUR you can find PKGBUILDs for tuxonice-enabled kernels.
If you discover that tuxonice supports splashy, then in the AUR you can find both splashy and the modified initscripts. If it supports fbsplash, then you need to patch again your kernel and to modify yourself the initscripts.
In any case, it is not an easy task tongue

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

#3 2008-12-29 19:09:39

devilevil

Re: Image in hibernate

I am NOT using tuxonice kernel. I use pm-utils - scripts.

I tried to find script in which is text printed on screen. I wanted to add lines with command fbv (framebuffer viewer) to show an image.
I didn`t compile tuxonice kernel, I use kernel from core repo.

Thank for post smile

Board footer