You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-29 16:01:30

Melson

[Solved] Webcam LED switches on during startup

Hello, I have had this problem since the update to kernel 2.6.27. After "Loading UDev uevents", the webcam LED on my Compaq Presario C700 switches on and then remains lighting. (On Vista, it used to indicate that the camera is taking a shot instead.) When I tried Ubuntu with the same kernel version, the LED was lighting only for a while during the startup.

The problem with reseting the brightness to the default value, which was reported earlier, also seems to persist. I think that on Ubuntu, there the brightness level was also changed but returned to the previous value soon afterwards.

I don't know if this is a kernel bug but the best solution I think would be if the LED didn't switch on at all / the brightness stayed at the same level.

Currently, I am staying with the 2.6.25 version which doesn't cause these problems. But we can't call this a solution so any help would be much apprecieted.

Thank you!

Last edited by Melson (2009-05-25 22:36:03)

#2 2008-12-31 22:34:04

Melson

Re: [Solved] Webcam LED switches on during startup

If you think that these problems are caused by a kernel bug, maybe we could report them so that they get fixed in the next version. I am interested in your opinion.

#3 2009-05-25 22:33:50

Melson

Re: [Solved] Webcam LED switches on during startup

Don't know who and how but it seems to be fixed now! (I still need the video.c patch that fixes reseting monitor brightness though.)

Board footer