You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-30 10:24:02

zephyrus17

[SOLVED] Thunderbird Firetray disappears upon new email

On my previous system (arch), when I got a new email, the firetray extension for Thunderbird will show a yellowish letter picture and show the number of new messages. But in my new arch system, everytime I got a new email, it'll just disappear. Then I'd have to open up thunderbird again, then it would appear. It's other functions all work as per-normal, so I'm thinking it's some problem with the letter picture.

I've checked the preferences, and they are all unchanged. I've even re-installed it just to be sure. I seems to me that there's a certain notification dependency that's missing. And I probably installed it in my last arch (by accident), and this time I haven't.

Last edited by zephyrus17 (2009-01-02 10:14:43)

#2 2009-01-01 06:25:52

okplayer02

Re: [SOLVED] Thunderbird Firetray disappears upon new email

well did u try to remove the thunderbird folder in ur home directory the hidden folder. also i would suggest try running in terminal to see what error messages it is giving.

Say what is good or keep silent  --Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

#3 2009-01-01 07:25:44

zephyrus17

I'm not sure it this the the right one for firetray, but it looks like it.

(gecko:30450): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkpixbuf-drawable.c:1247: Source drawable has no colormap; either pass in a colormap, or set the colormap on the drawable with gdk_drawable_set_colormap()

(gecko:30450): Gdk-WARNING **: The gdk_draw_*_image require the drawable argument to
have a specified colormap. All windows have a colormap,
however, pixmaps only have colormap by default if they
were created with a non-NULL window argument. Otherwise
a colormap must be set on them with gdk_drawable_set_colormap

(gecko:30450): Gdk-WARNING **: Using Cairo rendering requires the drawable argument to
have a specified colormap. All windows have a colormap,
however, pixmaps only have colormap by default if they
were created with a non-NULL window argument. Otherwise
a colormap must be set on them with gdk_drawable_set_colormap

(gecko:30450): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkpixbuf-drawable.c:1247: Source drawable has no colormap; either pass in a colormap, or set the colormap on the drawable with gdk_drawable_set_colormap()

Seems like something to do with cairo. but I have cairo installed. should I have installed cairo-perl or something?

#4 2009-01-01 13:06:04

okplayer02

did u try to remove the hidden folder from ur home directory just move it out of its location and then run thunderbird and see if the same behavior still occurs

Say what is good or keep silent  --Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

#5 2009-01-02 10:10:25

zephyrus17

Good news. I've just noticed that it works again after I installed 'gnome-common' and 'gnome-python-extras' (Phew, I can remove Evolution now.)

I'm not too sure which one is the one that made the new mail notification thing appear again, but it's at least a safe bet if you install both.

So, for anyone who might have this problem in the future, just do as above. smile

Board footer