You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-01 19:49:23

bwh1969

Can anyone's k3b burn the m4a format?

The latest k3b has faac and faad dependencies when the package is looked at, so I assume the intention is that it is supposed to be able to decode and burn the m4a (aac) format directly these days.  The dependencies are listed under sox -- ffmpeg faad2>=2.6.1 and I have 2.6.1 installed.  I even upgraded to 2.6.1-1 but I still have the following issue:

I cannot seem to burn a playlist from amarok with this file extension.  K3b has been able to do this in Ubuntu since at least the last two releases, so it seems that k3b has support for this format.  I just get the error I used to get when the support was not yet enabled; something about a non-supported format.

I know faac has been broken (the encoder) I found a PKGBUILD for faac, and I can encode files.

Decode (faad) seems to work, as the files play in amarok, and soundKonverter has no issue decoding the m4a format and encoding it to something else, so the faad2 decoder seems to be working fine in other kde apps. 

Granted, I could drag and drop to decode the files in soundkonverter to something like mp3 or wav, then burn an audio cd from those files, but obviously that significantly increases the time required to burn a cd.

Board footer