You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-04 20:42:08

manueleberl

Character or mouse input counted multiple times

Hello, I am experiencing some strange problems with X. Whenever I start an X server and type something or click, the input is counted multiple times, usually two or three times. So when I type "a", "aa" appears.
I have discovered that it is probably related to hal, because when I stop hal, everything works just fine.

I don't know much about hal, but I think I'll need it, so how can I fix this without removing hal from the DAEMONS list?

By the way, my DAEMONS list is as follows:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network netfs crond hal dhcdb fam sensors cpufreq sshd samba slim)

I experimented a bit with hal's order in the list, but it didn't seem to have any effect. The list I posted above and which I am using right now is copied from a friend of mine, who as a fully functional Arch running, I just removed some of the daemons I don't have on my system.

#2 2009-01-04 22:42:04

Maos

Re: Character or mouse input counted multiple times

Hi!

I had the same problem and some kind soul gave me the tip to remove all keyboard/input settings from xorg.conf (I guess that one can make some setting to make X ignore hal/hotplugging and that would have the same effect).

I thought it was a bug so you can see it in the (closed) bug 12371.

#3 2009-01-04 23:51:03

Parabolika

#4 2009-01-05 11:06:13

manueleberl

I actually added this option deliberately because without it, no input is processed whatsoever. I can't even kill my X server then because ctrl+alt+backspace just doesn't get processed anymore.

EDIT: I commented the line and tried it again, now it works just fine. Weird. Anyway, thank you, everyone.

Last edited by manueleberl (2009-01-05 11:16:22)

Board footer