You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-05 01:05:01

minozake

Keyboard and mouse freeze at certain terminals

This is hard to gauge what info you guys will be needing in foresight, so I'm going to, unfortunately, leave it up to you to ask for the info.

It seems whenever I have started X and then exited it, then go back to the terminal it was on (Number 7), the keyboard and mouse freeze, not unlike trying to start the X server without keyboard and mouse drivers installed and leaving it to the default options to continue without them and lock the whole system.  It's like the drivers are unloaded when I hit the terminal.

I press any keys and nothing happens.  I'm not getting SysRq support because it seems it wasn't compiled into the kernel, but I'll try that as debug.

Any suggestions?  It's muchly appreciated.

~Mino

#2 2009-01-05 01:35:10

anrxc
Website

Re: Keyboard and mouse freeze at certain terminals

This is probably the same as http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12614#comment36835 as you see I reported it but there was no answer. Maybe now, when it's confirmed.

You need to install an RTFM interface.

#3 2009-01-06 05:30:15

minozake

Re: Keyboard and mouse freeze at certain terminals

Nope, I'm afraid it's a standard USB mouse.

Keyboard locks up as well.

So far I'm recompiling my kernel.  Could it perhaps have been module-enabled drivers instead of compiling them into the kernel directly?  I noticed I had upwards of 1.1k modules when I compiled all of them last.

So far I'm compiling a custom kernel.  Kind of messily as well.  Hopefully I'll get back with success, but the problem is doing such a huge recompilation of the kernel, I won't learn what was wrong.  I can only have a suggestion and miss what actually was wrong.

Board footer