You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-07 04:04:38

superdav42
Website

Flicker / Refresh issue after updateding Xorg 7.4

On my Dell Lattitude 100L using an Intel 8255GM video card my LCD has become unbearable to look at. I'm certain it's a refresh rate issue.

It happened right after I updated my system when xorg was put in extra as well as an updated Intel driver. I've never had this problem before. When it happened I immediately reverted to the old driver and xorg but now I've just updated my system again and it's doing it again.

I've never had to tweak any refresh rate or modeline settings on this laptop before and have run many different distos. It's seems like a bug with the new intel driver.

I just tried updated to the latest Intel driver from GIT and the latest kernel in testing, as indicated in another post here, and while my 3D performance has increased, I am still getting the same flicker/ refresh rate problem. It's giving me a terrible head ache.

If anybody else is having the same difficulties I'd love to hear about it. My hunch is that it's an upstream issue with changes to the driver finding the optimum refresh / resolution. looking at the intel man page shows options I've never seen before that indicate changes have been made in this area.

Free cross platform games - Free games that will run in Windows, Linux and OS X.

My Homepage
Any Dog Breed

Board footer