You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-09 04:22:40

EnvoyRising

Can't interact with flash dialog boxes[Solved- sorta]

Any time I try to interact with a dialog box produced by the flash plugin (such as the one that pops up with you right click a flash application and select "settings"), I am unable to do anything with it. That includes moving it, closing it, or manipulating any of the  controls within it.

I've been googling for the last hour and haven't come up with any kind of solution. I even tried installing flashplugin9, gnash, and flashplugin-mozilla, and they all give the same result. Nor does changing  browsers (I've tried opera, arora, swiftfox, and firefox) yield different results.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.

Regards,
EnvoyRising

Last edited by EnvoyRising (2009-01-12 15:58:49)

#2 2009-01-11 00:54:51

SteveyDevey

Re: Can't interact with flash dialog boxes[Solved- sorta]

It seems like this would go into Multimedia's forum, not that it would matter too much.

I haven't fought that battle before, but if I were in your shoes I'd try a different WM just to see if it makes any difference.

#3 2009-01-11 07:35:54

skottish
Forum Fellow

EnvoyRising wrote:

Any time I try to interact with a dialog box produced by the flash plugin (such as the one that pops up with you right click a flash application and select "settings"), I am unable to do anything with it. That includes moving it, closing it, or manipulating any of the  controls within it.

I've been googling for the last hour and haven't come up with any kind of solution. I even tried installing flashplugin9, gnash, and flashplugin-mozilla, and they all give the same result. Nor does changing  browsers (I've tried opera, arora, swiftfox, and firefox) yield different results.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.

Regards,
EnvoyRising

I would try a different GTK2 theme first. Something not complicated like the default Raleigh theme.

#4 2009-01-11 20:40:19

EnvoyRising

You're right, this probably should have been in multimedia. I guess when I posted I was initially thinking "stupid firefox" > firefox = browser > browser = network.

Anyways, The flash dialog boxes aren't drawn by gtk, so changing the theme OR my wm shouldn't make a difference. I tried just for kicks, and indeed it didn't.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Edit: Correction- trying in twm had no affect. Just tried with kde 4.2 and all seems well.

Last edited by EnvoyRising (2009-01-12 04:07:01)

#5 2009-01-11 20:49:21

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Moving to Multimedia and Games.

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

Board footer