You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-10 20:24:37

tsv
Website

Skype errors - can't access shared library (64-bit)

Hi there,

I'm running the 64-bit version of Arch Linux, and have just installed bin32-skype-pulse using yaourt. However, I can only get sound (in either direction) if I specify the device in Skype's options, which then blocks them from other apps. If it is set to use the default (i.e. Pulse), I get the following stream of errors;

ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so
ALSA lib pcm.c:2162:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib pcm.c:2162:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be indebted!

#2 2009-01-10 20:30:26

Alexdsan

Re: Skype errors - can't access shared library (64-bit)

Install bin-32 here and deps

Use dmixout here

Work 100% here

#3 2009-01-10 20:56:29

tsv
Website

Thanks for the reply.

This is weird, and I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to be installing Skype when I install bin32-skype. The yaourt command completes fine, and definitely installs some stuff, but I have no skype binary on my system.

Any clue?

#4 2009-01-10 21:07:45

tsv
Website

Hmm, ignore that last comment, tried again and it installed, but still with the same problem.

One I added the code to .asoundrc I get the bonus error of

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1008:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:947:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream

over and over again.

Help much appreciated!

Board footer