You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-11 14:18:21

fettouhi

Skype and HDA Intel issues

Yesterday I tried to use Skype on my new machine ehich has a HDA Intel soundcard,

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

which is a 7.1 surround card. On the machine there is a front panel for the different card readers it has and audio inputs (headphone & mic). So I plug my Plantronics headset into the inputs in the front panel and start skype and call the testline. For some reason now I can only get sound in the right ear with skype and the mic doesn't work. If I listen to music or anything else then I get sound in both ears. I then tried to plug the headset into the back of my machine. The result was the same except the mic worked there so I could talk with Skype. What could be wrong? I have checked that the mic in the front is unmuted and everything and I can hear getting input when I turn it up (noise) but skype doesn't want to use it. Also I don't understand why I only get sound in one ear with skype.

Regards

André

PS. I tried to play with the setting in skype but no luck. I had to add this option to modprobe.conf to get my audio even working on my new machine

options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1

do I need to add other options maybe? My machine is a DELL Studio desktop by the way.

#2 2009-01-11 16:17:29

fettouhi

Re: Skype and HDA Intel issues

I got now sound in both speakers when using. I simply turned the option in skype saying that skype should control my mixer settings. Still I can't the front mic to respind at all. I tried to do a simply recording with it both nothing gets picked up from the front mic.

Regards

André

#3 2009-05-10 22:19:19

MartinZ

Same here. However, if I scream loud enough, there is something audible in the recording...

All your base are belong to us

#4 2009-05-10 22:40:32

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Did you select the input source correctly? I guess you are using alsa, check alsamixer and play with the controls a little bit.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer