You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-11 14:59:35

pogeymanz

Xorg and wireless mouse problem.

Sometimes my mouse doesn't seem to work on the desktop events. I.E., when I scroll on the desktop, sometimes it wont switch workspaces and when I right click, sometimes it wont show the menu. This is when I'm using Compiz-Fusion It's pretty random when it happens.
Xorg.0.log:

(II) config/hal: Adding input device Dell Dell USB Keyboard
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
(II) config/hal: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver
(II) config/hal: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver
(II) config/hal: Adding input device Macintosh mouse button emulation
(II) 3rd Button detected: disabling emulate3Button

It's a logitech wireless mouse.

#2 2009-01-12 03:13:57

josomebody

Re: Xorg and wireless mouse problem.

Does it do the same thing with other apps, like say occasionally fail to scroll a page in firefox or not click links, or is this just a problem on the desktop? If it occasionally fails all around, it might just be an issue of the dongle picking up interferance from your computer, in which case I would suggest plugging it into a usb extention cable and get some distance between the dongle and the computer case, and interferance will be less of an issue.

: () { : | :& } ;:

#3 2009-01-12 14:00:49

pogeymanz

Re: Xorg and wireless mouse problem.

Actually, now I don't get those errors because I re-enabled the automatic-device-whatever in xorg.conf, but it still happens. And it only happens in Compiz, not in openbox, nor inside of any apps.

So this is a Compiz problem. I'm using feh to draw the desktop and compiz-desk-menu. What could this be?

Board footer