You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-14 21:28:11

bwh1969

powerdevil

I cannot seem to get the daemon to start from SystemSettings>>ServiceManager.  I get the following message when I go to Power

The configuration module cannot be started since there seems to be a problem with the PowerDevil Daemon.  Read below for more details. PowerDevil seems not to be started.  Either you have its service turned off or there is a problem in Dbus.

How do I start this from terminal so I can get a better idea of what the probelm is?

Whatever happened to kpowersave?  It worked and was easy to configure.

I would really like to get some sort of power daemon going on my laptop.

Last edited by bwh1969 (2009-01-14 21:30:44)

#2 2009-01-14 21:34:49

bwh1969

Re: powerdevil

EDIT:  It seems as though currently, as I found on a Suse forum, that the current version of PowerDevil does not start with kde so if anyone knows how this daemon is started in the command line so I can add it to the startup scripts, that would be great.

Sort of solved  the inability to get it started by installing dbus-python, dbus-sharp and perl-net-dbus.  Not sure why whatever was needed was not called as a dependency.  Not sure which of the three did the actually trick.  I reinstalled PowerDevil after I installed these.
[b]  The daemon is not starting automatically with KDE.  I have to go into SystemSettings>>Advanced>>ServiceManager.  The box is checked, but it is not started.  I can press start, then close SystemSettings, then open it again, go to SystemSettings>>Advanced>>Power then it is loaded.

Last edited by bwh1969 (2009-01-15 22:35:43)

Board footer