You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-16 18:26:21

Convergence

[resolved]Games get "windowed" when using lightweight wm

My games work fine when I use gnome, (I think KDE works fine too, but haven't tested it in a while), but when I use openbox or fluxbox, my games go from full screen to a window after a few minutes.  Is it possible that this is a screensaver trying to activate?  It doesn't lock my desktop, it just windows my game.  Has anyone else had this problem, and then solved it?

Last edited by Convergence (2009-02-04 12:06:28)

It's a very deadly weapon to know what you're doing
---  William Murderface

#2 2009-02-01 10:14:19

Convergence

Re: [resolved]Games get "windowed" when using lightweight wm

No one else has had this problem?  What am I doing wrong?  smile

---  William Murderface

#3 2009-02-01 11:26:41

moljac024

I had this with openbox and I think I recall someone posting about it as well...

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2009-02-04 12:09:21

Convergence

I guess at some point, I enabled gnome-screensaver in those wm's, and that was causing the problem.  I couldn't tell you when, since I have been using this login account for YEARS.  maybe it's time to clean it out, or start over.  I just changed it to use xscreensaver, and life is now peachy.  Why oh why was I using gnome-screensaver outside of gnome?!

---  William Murderface

Board footer