You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-21 20:48:22

proxima_centauri
Website

<Solved> Internet Connection Broken.

Hi all,

I can no longer connect to my school dhcp internet connection. All was working up until this afternoon when I restarted my laptop. The only package update I remember installing today was iproute2, pacman told me it would replace iproute and I agreed. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it sounds internet related.

Conky shows me as having a network connection, with activity and an IP; but I cannot ping from terminal or use internet in browser. Wireless was working when I was in class.

Land connection is fine in XP.

(Maybe this is a separate issue, just in case this is also relevant, when I start up Arch, and this also was just today; fusion-icon seems to start incorrectly. AWN pops up before anything, and then disappears after fusion-icon starts; I have to reload the window manager from fusion-icon to get things working properly)

Any ideas?

Last edited by proxima_centauri (2009-01-22 23:50:56)

Thinkpad T61p - 15.4' WSXGA TFT - 2.5Ghz Intel Core2 Duo T9300 - 2X2GB Kingston RAM - 160GB 7200RPM - NVIDIA Quadro FX 570m - Intel 4965AGN

#2 2009-01-22 00:14:50

proxima_centauri
Website

Re: <Solved> Internet Connection Broken.

Now even stranger:
I went to the library to use the wireless; tryed re-installing all the packages in pacman, plugged in after, and walla - wired internet worked.
Walked back to my residence. Plugged in....and it didn't work. Tryed plugging in different access points - nothing. My desktop running ubuntu server in my room has wired internet working :S.
Came back to the library, and wired works - so I don't think it's anything to do with Arch. Must be something strange happening with my access point in res.
Now I am perplexed...and annoyed.

Thinkpad T61p - 15.4' WSXGA TFT - 2.5Ghz Intel Core2 Duo T9300 - 2X2GB Kingston RAM - 160GB 7200RPM - NVIDIA Quadro FX 570m - Intel 4965AGN

Board footer