You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-21 22:46:37

pluckypigeon

Is this the best way to upgrade everything?

Is this the best way to upgrade everything?

yaourt -Sybu --aur --devel

forgive me but I am new to pacman

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by pluckypigeon (2009-01-21 22:56:33)

#2 2009-01-21 23:00:54

Army

Re: Is this the best way to upgrade everything?

There is no _best_ way, but do you know, what this command line does? The b in -Sybu tells yaourt to build every single package, that's been updated in the repos. I'm not sure if you want that. If so, yes, this line updates everything. If you don't want to build the packages, which are in the repos, remove the b.
I used this line for quite a while wink
Always remember, yaourt is not exactly pacman, so to be on the more secure site, I'd prefer using pacman -Syu first and then use a tool to find out, which packages from AUR received an update. arson, for example, can do that as well,

#3 2009-01-21 23:04:00

pluckypigeon

Re: Is this the best way to upgrade everything?

Army wrote:

There is no _best_ way, but do you know, what this command line does? The b in -Sybu tells yaourt to build every single package, that's been updated in the repos. I'm not sure if you want that. If so, yes, this line updates everything. If you don't want to build the packages, which are in the repos, remove the b.
I used this line for quite a while wink
Always remember, yaourt is not exactly pacman, so to be on the more secure site, I'd prefer using pacman -Syu first and then use a tool to find out, which packages from AUR received an update. arson, for example, can do that as well,

Cool. Thanks alot. You solved my problem perfectly.

Board footer