You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-26 11:50:58

bovis

[SOLVED] gtk icons not working

To save my soul, I can't get my icons to change in Thunar. There is no icon set in there right now, so everything is displayed as just a piece of paper picture (folders, files, everything!).

This is my /.gtkrc-2.0 file:

# -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT
include "/usr/share/themes/Foresight/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

include "/home/bovis/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

gtk-icon-theme-name = "Hicolor"

# -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT

I even have the gtk-icon... line included in .gtkrc-2.0.mine and it still will not change. I've tried several icon theme names and several themes. The themes all work fine, but even when the theme file specifies certain icons they do not show up in Thunar.

This is driving me insane. Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by bovis (2009-02-21 23:40:02)

#2 2009-01-27 10:39:45

bovis

Re: [SOLVED] gtk icons not working

Well, I found a solution. I don't know how to delete this post (I don't see an option anywhere), so I'll post the solution for anyone else who comes across this problem.

If you go to this site it explains the common concern about the "fallback" icons showing up in Thunar.

http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/faq

Basically, what I needed to do was install the package gnome-icon-theme, in addition to the hicolor theme, which I had already installed (I found both in the pacman repos). For some reason, both of those are needed in order to begin working with other icon themes. I hope this helps out anyone else who has this issue.

#3 2009-01-27 11:57:16

sand_man

Re: [SOLVED] gtk icons not working

I find lxappearance to be the easiest way to set icons

neutral

Board footer