You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-27 05:45:38

nss

password gorilla / itcl

I'm trying to get password-gorilla (http://fpx.de/fp/Software/Gorilla/) installed from source but am running into issues with tcl/tk, specifically itcl. I have tcl and tk installed through pacman but apparently itcl is not included. I installed tcl/tk 8.4 and tcl to /usr/local... no dice. Does anyone reading this have password-gorilla running on arch? tcl/tk with itcl working properly? If so, what did you do to get it working properly?

I'd also appreciate any recommendations for a lightweight password manager that's a bit easier to get running with arch.
Thanks.

#2 2009-01-27 07:44:32

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: password gorilla / itcl

Gorilla website wrote:

In order to run the Password Gorilla sourcecode, you need to download and install Tcl/Tk, as well as the [incr Tcl] and BWidget add-on packages.

Have you installed the two add-on packages? That quote is from the Download and Installation section.

Alternatively, keepassx is in the community repo.

#3 2009-01-29 16:11:01

nss

Re: password gorilla / itcl

Thanks for the suggestions. I gave up trying to get the dependencies to play nice. Instead, I downloaded password-gorilla as a starkit and also downloaded a compatible tclkit. This is working sufficiently.

Board footer