You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-27 14:35:04

gatlin

Streaming video

Ahoy,

I have tried to watch some streaming quicktime videos in Arch (and on a friend's Ubuntu machine) and even though I have installed the mplayer-plugin and mozplugger, the only browser that will play the streams is Opera (with aforementioned mplayer plugin).  Now, I'm willing to accept that perhaps the videos themselves are funky in some way (they are for my college French class), but I find it odd that one browser can do it but {Firefox, Epiphany, Midori, Arora} can't. Flash and other plugins work fine.

I admit I haven't tried any other quicktime videos because I noticed this very recently, did a cursory check of the forums and wiki, didn't know of any quicktime videos, and admittedly forgot about the Apple Movie Trailer site.  And this sort of thing freezes over ssh so I'll try it later.  But on the off chance that anyone knows "ah ha, I know what he's done," do tell smile

Grazie for past and present support, this is my favorite forum to lurk!

EDIT:

In Firefox when I try to load an Apple Trailer, I get the following:

sh: acroread: command not found
MozPlugger: Warning: Unable to find mozplugger-linker.
sh: acroread: command not found
MozPlugger: Warning: Unable to find mozplugger-linker.

Last edited by gatlin (2009-01-27 14:40:27)

#2 2009-01-27 15:39:23

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Streaming video

You may want to try gecko-mediaplayer instead of mplayer-plugin. It works way better.

#3 2009-01-28 02:50:16

gatlin

Re: Streaming video

skottish wrote:

You may want to try gecko-mediaplayer instead of mplayer-plugin. It works way better.

I will test this once I can get physical access to the machine; thank you very much!

Board footer