You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-28 15:26:46

grimrider

[SOLVED] Amarok 2.0.1 crashes after splash screen

i have no clue what is going on here, but amarok 2.0.1 crashes every time i try to run it.  so if someone could at least give me a little insite......

[nick@grim ~]$ amarok
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-nick/ksycoca4"                                                              
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde4Factory: The library "" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.                                                                              
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KLibLoader) kde3Factory: The library "" does not offer an "init_phonon_xine" function.                                                                             
amarok(15659) Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::createBackend: using backend:  "Xine"               
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-mtpcollection.so"                                                   
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-sqlcollection.so"                                                   
InnoDB: The log sequence number in ibdata files does not match                               
InnoDB: the log sequence number in the ib_logfiles!                                          
090128 10:11:06  InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!                                
InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.                                                             
InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...                                
InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite                      
InnoDB: buffer...                                                                            
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-ipodcollection.so"                                                  
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KLibLoader) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libamarok_collection-daapcollection.so"                                                  
QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""                                                             
Object::connect: No such slot MainWindow::showStatistics()                                   
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'MainWindow')                                              
amarok(15659)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:                    
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to MainWindow "MainWindow", which already has a layout
link XMLID_7_ hasn't been detected!
Couldn't resolve property: radialGradient3986
Couldn't resolve property: radialGradient3986
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
<unknown program name>(15657)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

[nick@grim ~]$ KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = amarok path = <unknown> pid = 15659
sock_file=/home/nick/.kde4/socket-grim/kdeinit4__0

also, i have no clue if this is related, but every time i start konsole from ALT+F2, it says "KDEInit could not launch '/usr/bin/konsole'.", but launches it anyways.

Last edited by grimrider (2009-01-28 21:44:54)

#2 2009-01-28 15:30:54

The Orange Peanut

Re: [SOLVED] Amarok 2.0.1 crashes after splash screen

I don't know the solution, but mine crashes exactly the same way and with those error messages (Attempt to insert null action).  I'm using KDEmod and kdemod-extragear-amarok.

#3 2009-01-28 15:31:41

grimrider

forgot to mention that.  i am also using kdemod and kdemod-extragear-amarok

#4 2009-01-28 18:25:07

anrxc
Website

Don't worry about it too much because amarok crashes all over the place so you are not missing much smile
I built my own test a few minutes ago to avoid libgpod and mtp, one of the first problems is segfaulting at every exit so it looses many settings like the current playlist. Playlist importing from v1 is still broken, rtsp streams are not recognised (even though it is still the xine engine), there is no EQ, random crashes here and there... If you still want to try it check this build http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19633

You need to install an RTFM interface.

#5 2009-01-28 21:44:28

grimrider

anrxc wrote:

Don't worry about it too much because amarok crashes all over the place so you are not missing much smile
I built my own test a few minutes ago to avoid libgpod and mtp, one of the first problems is segfaulting at every exit so it looses many settings like the current playlist. Playlist importing from v1 is still broken, rtsp streams are not recognised (even though it is still the xine engine), there is no EQ, random crashes here and there... If you still want to try it check this build http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19633

haha wow.  i guess ill stick w/ 1.4 untill they get this sorted out.  was hoping for sumthin new but owell neutral
thanks for the help

Board footer