You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-29 06:39:06

nitro
Website

KDE 4.2 login/logout sound notifications

I know this will sound like a really lame question, but sadly I have to ask it - how do I change/disable the login and logout sounds in KDE 4.2?  In previous versions (including 4.1) this was done under Notifications in the System Settings / kcontrol applet.  Notifications is still there, but it doesn't seem to include the login/logout events anymore.  I believe it used to be under the "Kwin" event source.  In 4.2 this has been renamed "The KDE Window Manager", but many of the events included previous are no longer there.

So, am I just being incredibly dense, or is there no obvious way to modify the login/logout sounds in this release?

#2 2009-01-29 06:43:53

kinghajj

Re: KDE 4.2 login/logout sound notifications

System Settings -> Notifications -> "Event source:" to "KDE System Notifications"

There you'll find "Logout" and "Login". Don't feel bad, it took me a little while to find it, too. The Notifications pane should probably select "KDE System Notifications" by default, since I imagine that's the most popular one.

#3 2009-01-29 07:03:08

nitro
Website

Re: KDE 4.2 login/logout sound notifications

Oh, crap.  First, thanks, that's exactly what I needed.  Second, I looked through that list several times, but never found the KDE System Notifications source, and I just figured out why (hence the "oh, crap") - this list is "scrollable" now, and KDE System Notifications is not visible in the initial list that's displayed.  In fact, it's the ONLY item that I need to scroll down to see.  The scrollbar's also almost perfectly aligned over the sctollbar for that parent window, which makes it even more difficult to notice.

Lame.  :-)

Anyway, thanks for the really quick response.  I'm all set now.

Last edited by nitro (2009-01-29 07:04:17)

Board footer