You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-31 08:24:19

ezacaria

Okular and hyperlinks

Hello,

I'm using okular 0.8 in kdemod 4.2. I have some pdf files generated from open office writer, which contain some hyperlinks. When I click on the links, I get gvim to open the web page's source. I can't find where to configure what happens when a hyperlink is clicked, the settings dialog for okular does not offer any possibility. Neither does the okularrc file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Eduardo

#2 2009-01-31 09:15:47

mutlu_inek

Re: Okular and hyperlinks

What is your default browser? You should be able to set this from Systemsettings > Default Applications. IIRC, this gets registered using the xdg stuff and ends up in a file to which Gnome, etc. also write. You can have a look at what's in there by doing

$ less /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache | grep html

#3 2009-01-31 10:35:42

ezacaria

Re: Okular and hyperlinks

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer!

I'm not used yet to the centralized settings in kde4 (it was also a bit strange to me that amarok 2.0 obeys the general audio output settings, as opposed to per-app. setting). I had the default setting as content-dependant, and with that setting the links end up in gvim.

I specified system settings -> default applications -> web browser -> firefox -new-tab and now the links open in a new tab of an existing firefox window.

I'm wondering, though, how to determine the actual mime type of the link. In the OO writer, the target type for the link is "Web", but it does not tell the type that will be set in the file.

Anyways, here is the output:

grep html /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
application/xml=kde4-kfmclient_html.desktop
text/html=firefox.desktop;kde4-kfmclient_html.desktop;gvim.desktop;
application/xhtml+xml=kde4-kfmclient_html.desktop;gvim.desktop;

I checked that I have /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop,
but I have /usr/share/applications/kde4/kfmclient_html.desktop
instead of kde4-kfmclient_html.desktop

The link does not seem to be of type text/html, or firefox should open it with the current settings? One more question, if I may, is it just enought to edit the mimeinfo.cache?

Thanks!

Eduardo

Board footer