You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-31 18:49:31

panosk

broken kbluetooth4

Hi all

Before the update to KDE4.2, kbluetooth4 was working. The tray icon appeared normally and I tested it with my smartphone. Then I disabled the bluetooth module with a switch on my laptop (Dell XPS M1330) and left it disabled. Today I enabled bluetooth so I could connect a bluetooth mouse I bought. The tray icon doesn't appear, but when I run kbluetooth4 from the console, it reports that it's already running. Also, kbluetooth4-devicemanager crashes reporting dbus issues. Nevertheless, I connected the mouse following the excellent wiki about bluetooth mouses. However, the tray icon was very convenient and I hope I can have it back.

Any help will be appreciated.

#2 2009-02-09 15:58:48

Lifty

Re: broken kbluetooth4

The whole bluetooth stuff stopped working for me some months ago. Kbluetooth4 just keeps crashing on me. All because of conflicts and incompatibilities with the new bluez libs, obex stuff and kdebluetooth4 I guess. I tried to build new versions of every package but in the end it still didn't work. Someone claimed that some dbus and/or kde/solid part has to be compiled with bluetooth support. That is the point where I gave up because I've no clue about that. I'm just waiting and hoping that someone fix it.

Last edited by Lifty (2009-02-09 15:59:05)

Board footer