You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-01 16:25:18

Cheesebaron
Website

Wrong include path?

Hi there archers,

I have some issues with my arch linux. Whenever I try to build packages using makepkg, I am missing some stuff that needs to be included.

For instance if I try to build libpthread-stubs, it says it is missing pthread.h, which is in the file system.

If I try to build Xournal, it claims libgnomeprintui is missing, which is on the system, and I have tried this with several packages.

Now, I have tried building these by hand, which works and I encounter no problems.

I have tried disabling the fakeroot that makepkg uses, but it does not seem to be it. I have also tried to pass some more include parameters to configure and other things. But it does not seem to work whatever I do.
What could be wrong with my system?

I will gladly supply you with more information if needed.

#2 2009-02-01 17:37:07

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Wrong include path?

I guess we can start at the beginning. What's the output of:

echo $PATH

#3 2009-02-01 18:09:59

Cheesebaron
Website

echo $PATH outputs this:

/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/opt/java/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/bin/perlbin/site:/usr/bin/perlbin/vendor:/usr/bin/perlbin/core:/opt/qt/bin:/home/tomasz/bin/:/home/tomasz/bin/

I have added this in my .bashrc:

export PATH=$PATH:/home/tomasz/bin/

Last edited by Cheesebaron (2009-02-01 18:11:31)

#4 2009-02-01 22:41:21

skottish
Forum Fellow

Sorry about the long delay. I have no idea how the libraries in /usr/include are found. I successfully built libpthread-stubs just to test out what happens on my machine.

I doubt either of these will be factors here since you can build software, but do you have all of the group basel-devel installed? (pacman -S base-devel). Do you have /etc/profile.pacnew on your system? If so it should be merged with or written over /etc/profile.

#5 2009-02-02 00:41:34

Cheesebaron
Website

I have all the packages in the group, though I've just tried to reinstall them. No /etc/profile.pacnew, so that should not be the problem.

Still no luck though.

Board footer