You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-02 22:08:38

chessboxing

KDEmod4 update: icons broken, shaman missing, etc.

Hey

First I had the KDEmod4 like the standard view, but after the update to kdemod4.2 my icons on the taskbar were broken and shaman isn't there anymore. There are like effects enabled because when I move some windows it shows transparant but I never turned that on. My taskbar is also not black anymore like the standard but transparent blue.
I just don't know how my desktop has turned into something whole different + shaman is gone which I never uninstalled. Is it normal that is enabled some effects. I'm confused.

New things emerge when they were forgotten.

#2 2009-02-02 22:23:09

inf
Website

Re: KDEmod4 update: icons broken, shaman missing, etc.

I think the KDE updated it's default look from 4.1 - 4.2 transition. So the transparent blue is the default nowadays.

Also the desktop effects are propably on by default on 4.2

#3 2009-02-03 01:29:37

FrozenFox
Website

Yes, it's normal that the taskbar changed and such, as kde 4.2 is a major upgrade from its predecessors. It also auto-detects whether your system supports desktop effects or not by default, and turns them on or off accordingly.

To disable desktop effects, run systemsettings and go to Desktop -> Desktop Effects and disable them.

As for the icons, you may want to back up ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde4OLD and log out, then log back in. That fixed the icon problem for me iirc. It was either that or one of the other config folders, like ~/.config or ~/.local, but I'm pretty sure it was ~/.kde4.

I don't know why shaman would have been removed, but just reinstall it. pacman -S shaman

#4 2009-02-03 16:16:07

chessboxing

Also my konsole icon and systemsettings on the taskbar are gone. Just gonna reïnstall the whole thing. btw someone knows an image with archlinux and kernel 2.8.28 because of my wireless usb dongle support.

New things emerge when they were forgotten.

Board footer