You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-05 17:17:09

arch_nemesis

Suspend -- just sort of lazily considering trying to fix it

Is there any resource someplace which explains the different "quirks" in some detail?  I haven't been able to locate one, and the "try different quirks randomly" option isn't something I really want to try.

In my case, suspend and resume work, but with a few quirks. (lol)  The biggest issue is that I can only resume using the power button, and I have to push it 4 times before it resumes.  When it does resume, I have to cancel 3 logout/shutdown prompts right away.

I know this would imply that I'm being impatient, and the first button press is enough, but it definitely does not resume after one button press even if I wait.

It's not a big deal to me that it works way, but OTOH I can't help but wonder if just a small amount of tinkering would get it working correctly.  This is the first time I've bothered to investigate suspend or hibernate under any distro, so I'm sort of at a loss regarding how to go about it.

#2 2009-02-07 00:18:40

arch_nemesis

Re: Suspend -- just sort of lazily considering trying to fix it

What's getting me here, my use of "lazily"?  wink

#3 2009-02-07 14:54:08

kludge

the power button multi-pressing sounds like a hardware issue to me.  are you using a suspend script?  pm-utils has pretty good logs for debugging the process, and the ability to write and add local hooks makes working around driver issues pretty simple.

[23:00:16]    dr_kludge | i want to invent an olfactory human-computer interface, integrate it into the web standards, then produce my own forked browser.
[23:00:32]    dr_kludge | can you guess what i'd call it?
[23:01:16]    dr_kludge | nosilla.
[23:01:32]    dr_kludge | i really should be going to bed.  i'm giggling madly about that.

#4 2009-02-10 14:11:05

arch_nemesis

Thanks -- I confess I hadn't looked at the logs.  Will do!

Board footer