You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-07 18:14:08

b4283

Key combination <Ctrl-Home> <Ctrl-End> not working.

vim has a default binding for <Ctrl-Home> goes to the beginning of the file and <Ctrl-End> for the end.
However, I couldn't get these key combinations to work for me. And I've consulted the #vim channel on freenode.
They said it maybe a problem that the terminal I'm using caught the key and didn't send it to vim, but I find this conjecture hard to believe, because I've since been testing several terminals including xfce's default, roxterm, tilda, lxterminal, lilyterm ... and none of them working.
Later when I reboot I found that, even under the pure console (tty), the combination still doesn't work !
So this must be a problem from the original key mapping itself, and not latter stuffs like xfce, terminals and editors etc...
can anyone help me fix this ? I've also seen the wiki articles but unfortunately they aren't very helpful.

#2 2009-02-11 04:20:23

vogt

Re: Key combination <Ctrl-Home> <Ctrl-End> not working.

The sequence works in gvim.

#3 2009-02-11 05:05:06

skottish
Forum Fellow

The <C-{Home,End,Left,Right}> key combinations work in Xterm, but not in urxvt. All of the terminals that I recognize mentioned above are all VTE based terminals. This thread here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … +bug/89660

is showing a lot of people with gnome-terminal, also VTE based, as not working either. It's definitely a terminal issue.

The following page explains how to get Vim to recognize key combos that are usually trapped or unmapped by the terminal:

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Mapping_fast_ … rminal_Vim

#4 2009-02-21 12:44:02

b4283

actually these key combinations work in urxvt (that's why i'm using it right now tongue)
but the key code is unusual (it's something like ^[[8^) -- you just have to bind it manually.

as long as there is a difference, vim can bind it, so i'm using it happily.

Board footer