You are not logged in.
Hi All,
I'm running KDE 4.2 and I have installed Wine and Scribus. Wine doesn't show up in any of the menu's and Scribus appears in Lost & Found. How do I add entries to the menu in KDE4?
Cheers
EmyrB
Last edited by EmyrB (2009-02-08 18:58:48)
Proud Arch Linux User
Offline
rightclick on the menu button (K) and hit menu editor
Offline
rightclick on the menu button (K) and hit menu editor
Excellent ![]()
Thank you ![]()
Proud Arch Linux User
Offline
One question, how do I get Wine to show up with the menu editor, like it does in Gnome?
Cheers
EmyrB
Last edited by EmyrB (2009-02-08 19:23:20)
Proud Arch Linux User
Offline
I'm a kde user so i dont know what the gnome menu does in regards to wine, but simply running the "wine" comand by itself won't do anything, you have to run a windows executable with wine. If you want to start the wine configuration gui application you can run "winecfg".
To add any entry in the KDE-menu: open the menu editor, press the "new item" button in the toolbar , and configure this as you like.
All windows aplications I have installed with wine is added to the "lost and found" submenu.
Offline
have you tried the menu updating tool?
it should be under "settings"
Offline
Hi Guys,
@ slemKaffe - thanks for that, it was winecfg I was trying to find. I shall add that to my menu ![]()
@ NoOneImportant - I did run that first, but it only found a few KDE odds and ends, it did however find Firefox, which is strange as after I installed it and logged out and back in again, was added to the Internet sub-menu, so why menu updating tool find this ![]()
Sorry if these questions sound very "newbish", but I've been a Gnome user for the last 3 years and I'm determined to get to know KDE ![]()
Cheers
EmyrB
Proud Arch Linux User
Offline