I did a pacman -Syu and encountered a problem with the latest upgrade of
gimp and gimp-print.
Here is my problem:
automake-1.7.5-1 curl-7.10.5-1 file-4.03-1 filesystem-0.5-1 gaim-0.63-1 gcc-3.3-1 gettext-0.12-2 gimp-1.2.4-1 gimp-print-4.2.6pre1-2 initscripts-0.5-1 lilo-22.5.4-1 links-2.1pre11-1 mktemp-1.5-1 mysql-4.0.13-1 nfs-utils-1.0.1-7 pcmcia-cs-3.2.0-3 scite-1.54-1 shared-mime-info-0.11-1 tcl-8.4.3-1 xine-ui-0.9.21-1 xscreensaver-4.10-1 ...skipped lines... checking for conflicts... error: the following file conflicts were found: /usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/print: exists in filesystem
The order of installation turned out to be the problem. After a manually
pacman -S gimp-print
and a following
everything worked fine. I'd like to know if this is a problem with pacman or
does the depends=('...')-line in the gimp PKGBUILD needs to be updated
for a more exact dependency on the latest gimp-print.
i did not look at it too deeply but i think it is a bug with the source likely. in most cases it seems to be safe for files to get over-written in this case it is not. all i did was erase the offending file and reinstall the package without error or loss of function to the application
i suppose an install script may have to be written to handle this but it seems a bit of overkill
I am not your friend