You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-09 16:47:02

imrehg
Website

without fancontrol the fan does not turn on anymore

Hi,

I'm using an EeePC 8G, and tried out fancontrol today, because I though the system could use a bit more cooling when it working hard (the temperature went up around 62C sometimes, 55C when idle.) So I run pwmconfig which worked quite normally, mapped out the different pwm values for the different fan speed, made the config file, all that... When I started fancontrol it was working fine, when shut it down it went back to the normal ~1500rpm.

Now reboot - fan does not turn at all anymore, regardless of the temperature, until I run fancontrol. That runs fine, then when I shut it down, it says:
Restoring fans, Verify fans have returned to full speed - and switches back to 0rpm....

Are the "normal" pwm values for the fans stored somewhere? That's why it restores the standing fan all the time, even after (multiple) reboots? Or where can I set the fan speed manually?

Ok, manually I can replicate the effect of fancontrol with

echo "1" > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1_enable
echo "150" > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1

but this is again, manual solution all the time (as opposed to the previous fixed(?) value automatically), and if I enable and disable fancontrol, this does not get restored....

Last edited by imrehg (2009-02-09 16:55:25)

Board footer